1. event REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Athletes should make sure that all your registration information is correct from the event fighter's list.
Check your Name, Weight, Gender, Age, Belt, and Academy!
If there are any errors on your application or your name is not included on the list, changes should be made until the event registrations deadline, requests sent after the correction deadline will be ignored.
2. Athletes affiliation and academy registration
- All Kids and Adults from White to Black Belt athletes must be properly affiliated for the current year in the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
- All academies must be registered in order for its students to register in the competition.
- All the documentation must be properly filled when applying your affiliation online. All athletes with pending and/or incorrect documentation will be able to register for the tournament, but at the weigh in they need to have their details matching with membership application.
- For information about how to become a member or renew your membership: Become a member
- For more information on how to register your academy: Academy Registration.
- You must bring the ID at the event before fights, otherwise, you will not be able to compete.
- Any false information provided during registration such as DOB but not limited to; may leed to immediate disqualification; such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future UAEJJF events.
- UAEJJF tries to accommodate as many athletes as possible in our events, but there is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high quality event.
- UAEJJF reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- UAEJJF strongly suggest that athlete registration is finalized before making any travel arrangements.
3. IMPORTANT EVENT INFO
3.1. REFUND POLICY
• Registration is 100% refundable.
• If you would like to make any changes you have till the last day of registration to request a change on your registration . Please contact [email protected] for any changes .
• The registration fee cannot be transferred to another member or championship.
ABU DHABI WORLD PROFESSIONAL JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP 2020 RULES:
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Exemption: Athletes who get injured or are alone in their bracket are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration fee if they contact [email protected] and request to withdraw their name from the competition prior to the weigh in checking date.
3.2. CHECK IN
Check-in is the first process whereby the fighters will do when they arrival at the tournament:
A basic summary of the Accreditation process is below:
- Passport or valid ID Verification
- Fighters registrations details
Upon finishing your process with the CHECK IN, the fighters are allowed to follow the weight in.
Weigh IN (without GI) is the second process whereby the fighters will do when they arrive at Championship.
A basic summary of the Weigh In process is below:
- Athletes may only weigh up and fight if they are carrying an ID (identity document) with a photograph, otherwise, the athlete will be disqualified
The official weigh in dress:
- Players must be with minimum a non-transparent T-shirt and shorts covering up to the knees. Otherwise player can weigh in wearing kimono pants and T-shirts. Singlets and small shorts are not allowed.
Depending on the type of championship, weighting may be performed from one day before, one hour before or during the tournament (check event information schedule which one is applicable):
- If you don’t come to the weight-in (to check weight) you will be automatically disqualified.
- Reasonable time will be given to you, so being late will not be tolerated.
- You have to pass the weigh-in according the deadline stipulate by the event.
- Players will be placed in the next division available if they don't make the weight. Click here to check the divisions. Competitors over the limit 95kgs female and 120kgs male will be disqualified.
The Pre Draw will take place days before the fights begin, but the official draw can be changed any time, even after weigh in to accommodate everyone.
The draw will be carried out by random computer with the use of the UAEJJF software respecting the following category combing policy:
3.4.1 CATEGORY COMBINING
- A Technical Official from the UAEJJF will delegate responsibility to a suitable individual at the day, who will be responsible for operating the category combining policy.
- This policy applies to all weight categories within all age divisions.
- Category combining may only be applied to categories where there are less than three competitors. If category combining cannot be achieved safely and according to the guidelines, then a pool of three elimination systems may be considered, or the best of three contests between the two players (explained the regulations further).
- Combining weights within the same age division - competitors should remain within their age group division if possible.
- If there's only one or two player, the division may be cancelled and they will be moved to the upper weight divisions.
- If you are alone in your bracket you can contact [email protected] till the day before registration check day and request a change on your registration or refund. UAEJJF does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved will have another competitor at the day of the event.
- Divisions with 2 (two) players must be from different clubs, otherwise, they will be moved to next division.
- Same case for masters division. However, the masters athletes can be placed in the adults divisions.
- Depending of the championship or tournaments, because the number of absenteeism/no showed up fighters. Brackets can be regenerated or changed right after the Weigh IN. UAEJJF can decide in any tournament in order to accommodate all the fighters with one fight at least.
Depending on the number of athletes in the tournament, some classes may not have the division or it will be allowed to add a new fighter in the brackets (with proper approved membership affiliation) or merging categories at the competition day:
First Rule applied: Respect the age group
- Fighters will be moved to an upper weight category, but always remaining the age division enrolled.
- Example: Player will be moved from Master 2 blue belt -62 to Master 2 White belt -77kg, respecting a maximum of 2 weight categories, otherwise fighter can request a full refund or to move to another age group = ADULT instead of Master.
Second Rule applied: If there are no players at the age group enrolled in upper weight division.
- Fighters will be moved to a lower age group.
- Example: From Master 2 blue belt -85 to Master 1 blue belt -85, if there are no player registered in Master 1, he will be automatically moved to Adult blue belt -85
Third rules applied: If there are no players at the age group enrolled and not weight category.
The federation will merge weight categories, age group and belt divisions
- Brown Belt with Black Belt
- Blue Belt with Purple Belt (female Purple divisions can be merged with Brow/Black)
- White Belt will not be merged
- Example: Master 1 Brown Belt -110 with Master 1 Black Belt -110
- The federation will merge weight categories, age group and belt divisions
- First Rule applied: Respect the age group
Fighters alone in a bracket will be moved for an upper divisions.
Exception where points will be given:
- In case there are no fighters to merge the division such Female 95kilos or Male 120Kilos, the points will be credited.
- Players can be moved and brackets can be re-adapted to accommodate any fighter in case where there is a non showed up or disqualification even after the pre draw or brackets are generated.
- In case where there is a non showed up or a disqualification after the pre draw or brackets are generated, where the fighter have no matches, the points will be credited.
- Cases where belt divisions are merged, the points will be credited according to the current fighter's belt.
- Exception where points will be given:
- Players from the same club can be placed on the same side of the brackets
- If two fighters (team-mates) are suspected of fixing a fight, they will both be subject to disqualification from the tournament. In suspected cases, the Central Referee should stop the fight as soon as possible and request the supervision of the Referee Coordinator. The fight will then continue with the Referee Coordinator reserving the right to disqualify both competitors should the Referee Coordinator deem the fight to be fixed.
- The integrity of sport depends on the outcome of sporting tournaments and competitions being based entirely on the merits of the participants involved. Any form of corruption that might undermine public condense in the integrity of a fight is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport and subject to severe sanctions.
3.5. COMPETITION SYSTEM
- For International Pro and National Pro single elimination will be applied for all belts
- For President's Cup and Vice President's Cup double elimination will be applied as follows:
MAIN DRAW - BROWN AND BLACK BELTS / ADULT, MASTER 1
The type of competitions system to be applied in the competition will depend on the number of entries as follows:
- 1 entry – no contest (or category combining / moving up fighters).
- 2 entries – best of three contests (or category combining). If it is 2-0 then the third contest will not be fought.
- 3 to 6 entries – round robin, pool of three (or category combining).
- More than 6 entries – Double Elimination, runners up fight for third place. Single elimination system will be used to produce the third place.
ROUND ROBIN RULES:
In the case of 6 competitors or less: a round robin system produces the gold and silver and one bronze for the 3rd place.
“Round Robin” Is defined as a system where each competitor will compete against each other.
To define the winners the following criteria are used:
1. First criteria: Number of wins
2. Second criteria (in case of an equal number of wins): The highest sum of submissions will decide
3. Third criteria (in case of an equal number of wins): The highest sum of winning score points will decide.
Example: Red scored two points and one advantage and Blue scored two points and zero advantages: the advantage is defined as the winning score (1 point) for Red.
4. Fourth criteria (in case of equal number of wins and sum of winning score points): Direct comparison.
If two contestants have equal number of wins and sum of score point, the contestant who won the contest between them is defined as better
5. Fifth criteria (in case of equal number of wins and no direct comparison possible because of “beating in circle”): The shortest accumulated time of all winning contests will decide
6. Sixth criteria (in case of equal time): Weight at the weigh-in. The competitor with the lower weight is defined as better.
7. Seventh criteria (in case of same weight): Decision matches. A knock-out system between the involved players will be used. A new draw has to be performed.
The players must wear Kimono to receive their medals in the podium, not allowed:
- club or sponsors’ t-shirts
- teams flags (only country’s flag)
- or another kind of advertise
- If there are three players, they will receive their medals but there's no prize money.
The division must have no less than 3 athletes from different academies to receive the prizes/medals (in others case the division runs normally, but there is no prize).
- In special cases if there are only two players, they will receive their medals but there is no prize money.
- Specific rules for UAE Nationality: Click Here
- Avoid problems, perform a checking list correctly, and make your check into the day stipulated.
- Make sure to have clean clothes and GI uniforms in proper condition.
- Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their Picture Ids to the officials. Make sure you have it at hand, the absence of ID can lead to DQ.
- Make sure to check the schedule at our website, brackets and schedules are also posted at the event venue.
- Athletes must keep the kimono and belt tied to the waist at all times while in the waiting or competition area.
- The referee makes the final decision and will not tolerate any complaints or make changes to the decision
- The athletes are not allowed to jump over the fences/barricades in the competition area.
- Make sure to get to the event at least 45 minutes prior to your bracket schedule. You should be warmed up by the time your bracket is called.
- Make sure to listen to the division calls on the PA System in the Warm Up area.
- At the designated time, go to the warm up area, wearing your GI and with a picture ID or Badge accreditation.
- In the warm up area, pay attention to the bracket manager calls
- After the Bracket Manager call, he will take you to the concentration area to wait your time to fight. The Mat Manager will take you to the competition area for your fight.
- Do NOT remain in the competition area after the end of your fight. Return to the concentration area, and remain there until the mat manager calls you for the next round if you won your previous match.
- Be respectful to the staff, officials other athletes and coaches. In turn, they will show you the same courtesy.
- Be respectful to the referees, showing consideration and appreciation for the performance of his or her duties.
- Any disputes regarding matches are to be settled by the Referee. All decision by the Referee will be final.
- Direct all questions to tournament staff at the administration table. We will do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Please be patient with questions as there are a lot of competitors at the event. As such we remain busy throughout the day.
- Please maintain your belongings. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.